Saturday, April 14, 2012

Therefore, I am NOT ELIZABETH

When I started blogging, I thought of writing on the subject of the origin of my beautiful name (of course). But I had complexity on composing the entry since I cannot find any pleasant title for the blog. If you can only check my draft box, you’ll find there a “did you know what?” – a fleeting title and I guess parang trivia lang ang dating…’di ko type.

“Hello World, Hello Philippines” my name is 

LORAINE JECCA.

However, when I started my on – the – job – training (OJT), one of my superior incidentally spoke the name Elizabeth when his co – worker asked my name. I didn’t know where on the four corners of the laboratory he got it (even himself cannot figure it out where he got!LOL!). Actually, it sounds so side – splitting every time they call me “Beth or Elizabeth”.  Perhaps because in reality, the name is so sacred…so biblical! And calling me Elizabeth is an understatement.

The happening gave me motivation to continue the blog I have started three months ago. I just want to share something about the source of my given name.  In school, few of my classmates knew it and only those who really questioned me where did my dear parents have my name. Oooppps! I remember one event in my life – THE RETREAT where I gain so much coolness to share the meaning or the origin of my given name. Thank you to the facilitator who initiated the activity.

HERE’S THE CATCH!

My dearly loved Nanay is the only person (I knew in the family) who could unquestionably answer if anyone asks regarding my given name. Out of curiosity, I asked her the meaning of my name way back high school but she conferred me the origin 





For the reason that, I was named after my pretty lola LORENZA ZAMAYLA – TAKIANG (as we fondly call her Lola Inday). My pretty Lola is definitely pretty…hahahahaha J . Many said that my sister Limya looks like my lola that is why she is also given a petname Inday. But (I think) I was the luckiest female grandchild to be named after her. My name was supposed to be LAURENCE according to nanay but someone helped her realized that it is a boy’s name. So it was change to LORAINE meaning --------------

Lorraine \l(o)-rrai-ne\ as a girl's name is pronounced lor-AYN. It is of French origin, and the meaning of Lorraine is "from Lorraine". Name of the province in France (where Joan of Arccame from) and a family name of French royalty. Also an elaboration of Lora, or possibly derived from Laura (Latin) "laurel". See also LorenaActress Laraine Newman.Lorraine has 13 variant forms: LaraineLarayneLaurraineLeraineLerayneLorainLoraina,LoraineLorayneLoriLorineLorraina and Lorrayne.


*I took the effort of finding the meaning of this name.Super Thanks to  thinkbabynames.


my grandparents...this is the only picture I have <3

The name Jecca is not visible on English (US) dictionary that is why when I type my second given name on MS – Word program it seems to be wrong – spelled. Thus, the name Jecca has no equivalent meaning. How sad L but knowing its origin is a bliss. Do you know JOKO DIAZ click hereWhat connects? Well, I was also named after him because according to my nanay he was so sikat when I was born. Really? Hahahahaha J. So I conclude, JECCA is an invented name. Logically, JOKO is for male and JECCA is for female. So kung ipinanganak akong lalaki siguro my name is LAURENCE JOKO!Incredible!nyahahaha just for laughs! J 

I am LORAINE JECCA…not

Lorraine Jecca
Loraine Jeca
Jecca Loraine
Jecca Lorraine

This is a big memento (to all the people) most especially to my classmates who always commit the same mistake of spelling my name.* As much as I wanted to named names I rather keep it to myself in order to protect the reputation of my dearest friends…you know who you are Jhmmmm!hahahahha choz
Therefore, I am not Elizabeth.
                 









No comments:

Post a Comment